|University||Emirates Aviation University (EAU)|
|Subject||SEN 3230: Software Project Management|
Software engineering is an engineering discipline that is concerned with all aspects of software production from the early stages of system specification through to maintaining the system after it has gone into use.
It is a systematic approach to the production of software that takes into account practical cost, schedule, and dependability issues, as well as the needs of software customers and producers. How this systematic approach is actually implemented varies dramatically depending on the organization developing the software, the type of software, and the people involved in the development process.
Following are three types of systems that you can pick from and develop a complete project management plan for it.
1. An embedded system: This is a system where the software controls a hardware device and is embedded in that device. Issues in embedded systems typically include physical size, responsiveness, power management, etc. An example of an embedded system is a software system to control a medical device.
2. An information system: This is a system whose primary purpose is to manage and provide access to a database of information. Issues in information systems include security, usability, privacy, and maintaining data integrity. An example of an information system a medical records system.
3. A sensor-based data collection system: This is a system whose primary purpose is to collect data from a set of sensors and process that data in some way. The key requirements of such systems are reliability, even in hostile environmental conditions, and maintainability. An example of a data collection system is a wilderness weather station.
Stuck! We Have Native UAE Tutors Online 24*7 Who can Answer your Assignment & Homework Questions Instant.
Your project plan should include the following:
1- Select a Project, Write its statement of work and objectives and sub-objectives
2- Write a business case:
1) Introduction/ background
2) The proposed project
3) The market
4) Organizational and operational infrastructure
5) Analyse project characteristics
6) The benefits
7) Outline implementation plan
8) Estimate effort for the project
i. Use function point measurement techniques
9) The financial case
10) Risks management
11) Management plan and Software quality
3- Develop a project plan as a bar chart,
a. The chart tells us who is doing what and when
4- Make a Pert Chart of your activities in a Project.
5- Apply management techniques to the proposed project that follow agile methodologies
6- Identify the resources needed and give information on how you will be allocating your resources during the development of your project.
7- Use configuration management tools effectively, and apply change management processes properly
8- Draft and evaluate basic software licenses, contracts, and intellectual property agreements
9- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation
10- Combine all the stages you did during the semester and submit it as one complete report.
feeling stressed! Dont Know the answer of your assessment questions? Ask Native UAE Experts & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Searching for someone to write my assignment (SEN 3230) software project management? If yes, then you have come to the right spot, here the UAEAssignmentHelp specialists that have many years of experience will supply you with outstanding computer science assignments. They assist you around the clock with 100% plagiarism-free solutions.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your UAE college/ university Assignments.
- Argumentative Essay About Using Technology In School: English Writing Skills Essay, EU, UAE
- You Will Assume The Role Of A Management Consultant: Strategic Management For Engineers And Technologists Assignment, UOWD, UAE
- Explain The Essence Of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) And Why It Serves An Emerging Strategy: Business Administration Essay, GBS, UAE
- Is Starco Liable To Any Of The Buyers Of The 1,000,000 Reform Corp Shares: Business Law Case Study, UAEU, UAE
- Explain The Different Factors Affecting Supply With A Well-Labeled Diagram: Managerial Economics, ABS, UAE
- MN5617: Critically Evaluate And Implement Principles Of Systems Approach And Analysis: Systems Modelling And Simulation Assignment, MUL, UAE
- Explain To The Manager Of The Firm The Obligations Of A Bond Issue: Introduction To Finance Assignment, US, UAE
- FIN 200: Calculate10 Ratios, 2 Ratios From Each Of The Five Categories Of Ratios: Financial Management Assignment, AUE, UAE
- MBA 210: A Business Incubator Is Planning To Hire A Candidate: Entrepreneurship And Small Business Management Assignment, WUC, UAE
- BUS4001: Choose An Organization With Which You Are Familiar: Understanding The Business Environment Assignment, AU, UAE